Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Power Outage

Yesterday evening at about 4:30 the power totally died on us.  I apparently have not grown out of that stage where this kind of thing is fun so i had a blast.  Unfortunately the power came back on after only a half hour, hardly worthy to be called a power outage.  But during that half hour I realized that we rely so much on electricity, without it we can't: use the internet, use the phone, entertain ourselves with TV, light the stove, we can't even see.  So is it weird to still enjoy the feeling of being secluded in darkness filled with candles? honestly I don't really care I love it, it's not everyday that we take a break from the everyday.



Blogger Templates

1 comment:

  1. There's something so exciting about being without power ... for a little while. :)
    I love the flickering of candles in the darkness, having to feel your way around the house, etc.
    This just reminded me of some great memories in our old house! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete